If you have just passed your 12th class and searching for suitable government jobs then this is the right place for you. In this article, I’ve listed Top 10 Government jobs for 12th pass candidates. These jobs are listed down on the basis of the salary one gets after joining them. *The links to apply for the government jobs are also given*.
National Defence Academy (NDA)
- About NDA: As the name suggests National Defense Academy, NDA is a joining in the Indian Army, Air Force & Indian Navy. It’s a prestigious job that lands you on the post of Lieutenant.
- Eligibility for NDA– To join NDA, the candidate must have science in the 12th and must be physically fit. Just to let you know the exam of NDA is one of the hardest exams in Indian History as the candidates are the potential officers in the Indian army and the security of the country lies in their hands.
- Age Limit– 16.5 to 19.5 years
- Salary – Rs.80,000 /- approximately.
- Application – Candidates can apply for NDA twice in a year through the www.upsconline.nic.in & https://nda.nic.in/
- Selection Procedure – Candidates will be provided necessary mental, moral, and physical training for three years for all three services(i.e, Army, Navy, Air Force) by the Indian armed forces. Candidates also get intensive training in Science, Technology, Arts, and Military subjects. In the three years at NDA, a cadet is transformed into a potential officer and gentleman.
- The selection process of the NDA exam: There is a 3 stage exam consisting of Written(I), SSB(II), and Medical Exam.
- Syllabus: The exam of 900 marks that is divided into two parts: Maths(300) & General Ability(600). You can see the full NDA syllabus here.
Indian Defense Service (as a soldier)
- About Job: Indian Defence Services offer dignified, prestigious, and lucrative career opportunities. As a part of the Indian defense services, one can serve in the Army, Air Force, or Navy. There are tons of options available to choose the area of your interest, you can go to the engineering department, clerks & SKTs, Medical, chefs & various other departments.
- Salary: 35000/- Approx
- Eligibility – As the title of this article says… You just have to be 12th pass to apply for Indian Defense Services. The minimum marks required to apply for Indian army are 60% and above for clerk and 55% and above for GD positions. And that’s not all, you have to be physically tough.
- Age Limit– 18 to 25 years
- Applications – Indian Defense Service releases the recruitment notices in literally every second month. You can apply through the official websites of concerned Defense Authority i.e, for Army- joinindianarmy.nic.in, Air Force- careerindianairforce.cdac.in, Navy- joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Selection Process – The selection process of Indian defense services is a 3 stage selection process consisting of Written exam(I), Physical Examination (II), Medical Test (III). You can see the detailed physical requirements of Army Here
- Syllabus: General Ability, Maths, English.
- About Job: I don’t think I even need to explain anything about police but still, I’ll proceed. The policemen are responsible for maintaining the law and order in various states of India. The candidates are recruited on the position of constable also known as “sepahi”.
- Salary: 25000/- Approx
- Eligibility – 12th Pass from any stream. Again if you want to go to the police you have to be physically strong.
- Age – 18 to 25 years.
- Application – State governments release tons of police vacancies in a year. You can apply through the websites of the concerned recruitment board.
- Selection Process – The selection process of police is also a 3 stage selection process consisting of Written exam(I), Physical Examination (II), Medical Test (III). You can see the detailed physical requirements for police Here.
Staff Selection Commission (CHSL)
- About Job – The candidates have to perform day to day activities like maintaining files & data and other office related works. Various position candidates cam apply for are Lower Divisional Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator, etc.
- Salary: 22000/- Approx.
- Eligibility – 12th pass from any stream.
- Age – 18 to 27 years.
- Application – The ministry says that they conduct SSC CHSL twice a year but LOL, believe me, they take an entire year to conduct the first batch of the exam. So, basically its once a year, Btw if you want you can apply for SSC CHSL through the official website of SSC- ssc.nic.in
- Salary – Rs. 20,200 (approx).
- Selection Process – The selection process of SSC CHSL consists of three stages. And each of these stages consists of two stages, I.e-
- Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I)-(Objective Type)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III)
- Typing Test for LDC/ JSA & PA/ SA
- Skill Test for DEO
- Syllabus: English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness & typing for LDC, JSA, PA/SA.
SSC (GD Constable)
- About Job: It’s more or less like an army job but the responsibilities here are a little less though work is very different here. SSC GD Constables are accountable for the overall activities in the absence of Assistant Sub-Inspector & Sub-inspectors. SSC GD Constables holds the authority to investigate any case if Sub-Inspector asks him/her to do so. Duties of Station Writer in rural and urban areas are also a part of SSC GD Constable’s role. One can become a constable for CRPF, BSF, SSF, CISF, ITBP, NIA, SSB, etc.
- Eligibility – 12th Pass from any stream.
- Age – 18 to 23 years.
- Application – You can SSC GD Constable vacancies every month and you can fill the application form through the official website of SSC sss.nic.in.
- Salary – Rs.21,000 (approx).
- Selection Process – The selection process of SSC GD constable is a 3 stage process that comprises of Computer Based Test, Physical Efficiency Test, and Physical Standard Test.
- Syllabus: General Intelligence, Reasoning, General knowledge, General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and Basic English/Hindi.
Well, these were the best govt jobs after 12th you can apply for. If you want the latest updates on any of these govt jobs please comment down the vacancy you’re looking for along with your E-mail.